Friday, February 4, 2011

Filling in the Blanks- A Berry Rainbowcy [Prolouge]

Hello and welcome to the first chapter of my very own Berry Rainbowcy!
What is a Rainbowcy?
A rainbowcy is basically a sims legacy where each generation's spouse represents a different color. These colors vary from generation to generation, but here's how mine will work out
Gen 1- Red
Gen 2- Orange
Gen 3- Yellow
Gen 4- Green
Gen 5- Blue
Gen 6- Purple
Gen 7- Pink
Gen 8- Brown
Gen 9- Black
Gen 10- Rainbow

What is a Berry sim?
A berry sim is a sim that is modeled after a food, or a flower, or basically anything. But there is one rule, and one rule only. That rule is the sim must look like the food they represent.
You can find out more about berry sims HERE

Here is our Lovely Founderess, Cream Puff Sprinkles

Dramatic
Family Oriented
Hopeless Romantic
Artistic
Absent-Minded
LTW- Illustrious Author

So let's get started, shall we?
~
Just a normal morning in Sugar Valley for me. Another argument with my mother.
"You're so controlling! Why can't I do what I please?" I shouted

"You just aren't ready yet! If you want to be successful, then you need to go to college!"

"I can write without having to learn how to use big words in my stories and I can paint without all the stupid scientific knowledge about colors! I have everything I need!" I shrieked.

"You do not!" My mother retorted.

"You don't seem to have any reasoning over why I need to go to college!" I snapped back.


"Fine!" ,she screamed, making me jump a little, "You don't have to go to college!"

I paused in disbelief.

My face hardened.

"OK, I'll bite, what condition must I fufill for you to be happy, mother?"

My mother grinned an almost evil grin.

"You must move out, and move in to my uncle's old family manor. Then, you are not allowed to beg me for any support whatsoever. You are on your own."

"Wait a sec, Uncle Asparagus's place? That place is huge! I'll do it!" I smiled, not knowing what I was getting myself into.


The house was BIG.

That was my first impression of it. It was also gloomy, like those houses you see in horror films, the ones the hero's car breaks down in front of, the one that nearly takes the hero's life at numerous times.

Then I got the bill.

That's when I realized how hard this would be.

The whole house had been emptied when Uncle Asparagus had died, and now all that I could afford to furnish it with was cheap furniture. The kitchen, for example, had only the cheapest appliances.

The dining room looked more like a picnic table split in half, with rickety old chairs all around it.


It had a bathroom with the cheapest sink, toilet, and shower I could find. The tiles were always cold, let me tell you.


It was miraculous I could even afford a couch and TV for the living room.

The bedroom was one of the two rooms I liked. The mirror had been my great-grandmother's and it was a very special family treasure.

The study was the other room I loved. I was determined to make my fortune here, writing on the cheap computer that I found in the garage before I moved, and painting on the rickety old easel that I had bought at the consignment store.
Home sweet home.

My meals that first week were mostly cans of cold soup and toast. I have a fear of fire, and I didn't trust that old stove.

The only thing I had to fill the lonely evenings were my paintings. I had no ideas for my first novel that I plannned to write, but I thought that-hopefully-inspiration would strike sooner rather than later.
But the worst thing about that first week was how lonely it was. Sure, I couldn't stand my mother, but at least I knew I wasn't alone. Here, I was struggling to make ends meet, and I had no help. I had never felt so gloomy in all my life.
But surely things would get better.




Right?

4 comments:

  1. OMB this is awesome, can i download her house i can never make good lots ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend named Rhiannon! ^^ :)
    I really like it so far, Gilly! Your foundress is very pretty! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhiannon- It's an EA house that you should be able to find under "Empty Lots" in edit town. (I'm bad at making lots too xD)
    Drew- Thank you! She took awhile to perfect, but I think she'll have pretty kids

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are officially bookmarked :)

    ReplyDelete