Friday, March 25, 2011

Filling in the Blanks- A Berry Rainbowcy [Gen 1 Ch 3- Meeting the Enemy]

My pregnancy wore on, and as the weeks turned into months, I couldn't help but be excited. I mean, soon, I would be a mommy! That's big news!
I made sure to read up on pregnancy and babies as much as I could to prepare for the arrival of my little one. Unfortunately, I didn't get to spend time with Peppermint as often as I used to because of our conflicting schedules. I only got to see him in the mornings, and usually by the time he got home I was asleep. That's a side effect of pregnancy, I read. Tiredness. I wonder what he does during the day?
~
Peppermint's POV

"Hello?"

"Oh, hello darling. It's me!" purred the voice at the other end.

"Vanilla? We haven't talked in..."

"...Ages! I know, baby. But I'm back! Aren't you glad?"

Glad? I thought in horror, Anything but.

"...I have a girlfriend, Vanilla." I said, trying to avoid a problem.

"I know! A shame, isn't it? But tell me, baby, when has that ever stopped me- I mean- us?" She replied.

"Vanilla, I love her. I've changed."

Vanilla chuckled on the other end. "Changed, have you? You sound the same to me. Tomorrow, say, 2 o' clock?"

"Even if I wanted to see you, I have work."

"I can come to the fire station. Alright then, baby, see you tommorow! Toodles!" the line went dead.

Oh no. Not this. I thought. But, maybe tomorrow I can get it into her head that I don't love her anymore...

"Peppermint, darling?"

Cream came in and planted a kiss on my lips.

"Who was that on the phone?" She asked, looking a bit sleepy. I must have woken her from her nap.

"...A friend." I replied.

Tomorrow, I'll tell her.

Tomorrow....

~

And, as expected, the next day Vanilla was there at the station waiting for me the next morning.

"Hello, darling!" She gushed.

Vanilla was once my girlfriend, back in my high school days. We had broken up at the end of the year, and she moved away to Twizzlerbrook. However, she later returned and began calling me. We talked and then suddenly she thought I was in love with her again. I was wrong. But I was so lonely before that I just had to spend time with her.


"Look Vanilla, I don't want to date you."

She looked at me curiously and said, "What did you call me here for then?"

"To tell you that. Cream is my girlfriend now."

"...What?" She said, tension in her voice.

"Actually Vanilla, I don't think I ever loved you." I said truthfully.

"SO THAT'S IT!?!" She shrieked. "JUST GONNA THROW ME IN THE TRASH!?! FIG YOU!"

I stepped back, a bit angry that she was acting like this. I had a girlfriend for berry's sake! A girlfriend who I love! Why did I even date this woman?

"You'll regret this. You and your little Cream."

And with that, she walked out of my life.

I got the feeling she wasn't leaving forever though.
~
Cream's POV
A month before my due date, I was standing before a finished painting, chuckling to myself how babies had invaded my mind, when a pain hit my abdomen.

Thinking it just the baby kicking, I put a hand to my belly.

The pain came again, more agonizing this time.

"No... It's early..."

"PEPPERMINT!"
~
Peppermint's POV
A hospital waiting room is a scary place. Filled with people not certain if their loved ones will come out of those cold metallic doors again.

My feelings were jumbled as I waited for the doctor to come out, and tell me if my baby and Cream were ok.

Is a month early bad? I thought. It could be worse, right?

"Peppermint Candy?"
Both my girls were alright.

Raspberry Joy Sprinkles was born healthy, besides being a bit smaller than normal. The doctors told me both she and her mother were fighters, and that she should be a normal baby. I watched my little one dream, and I couldn't help but feel joy. My little Joy.

After standing there, watching my baby for awhile, the doctor came and told me that Cream was awake and stable and that I could see her if I wanted. I ran in and kissed her.
After we pulled away she chuckled. "Worried, huh?"

"A bit." I smiled. "She's beautiful."

"'Isn't she?" Cream smiled the smile I love.

"I've been waiting for this opprotunity, you know."

"Opprotunity for what?" she asked.

"Cream," I started, getting down on one knee.
She gasped and smiled.

"I want to be a good boyfriend, and I know this has been a bit out of order. But I love you and Razz, and I want us to be a family, officially."
"Will you marry me?"

"Of course! Now lets got home. You have a crib to build."

I could tell she was crying in joy, but I knew she was trying to hold it back.

So much joy tonight.
~
Cream's POV

My baby was perfect.

In the months leading up to my wedding, only three things seemed to exsist in my life. My family, my upcoming wedding, and my work. But I loved my life that way, and I couldn't have been happier. Razz was quite loud, sure, but I loved her all the same. Peppermint and I had agreed that once Razz got a little older we would throw the wedding at home.
And before we knew it, it was Razz's birthday.

Could she be even more perfect?
It turned out she could.

Razz had inherited her Daddy's Hair and skin tone, but my light gray eyes. She was a very happy and also very smart little tot. I'd like to think she inherited her smarts from me, but it was probably a mix of us both. She picked up on talking extremely quickly and I thought she would be normal like the doctor said, despite being an "Early Bird" as Peppermint put it.

I was wrong.
But more on that later.

Finally my wedding had arrived, and I was ecstatic with excitement. I wore my grandmother's old dress, let my hair down, and put a little Lilly in my hair. I had no second thoughts. Peppermint and I were meant for each other, I know.
The guests arrived, mostly coworkers and old friends of ours.

I was determined to have the perfect wedding.
And it was.

 Perfect.


We excahged rings infront of our friends and family in our backyard, which had been decorated with rental chairs and rose petals. Honestly, it was the most beautiful place I'd ever seen a wedding held at. Maybe that was partly because the love of my life was there.

Peppermint, being the wonderful guy he was, took my last name. He told me it was because he liked the sound of Peppermint Sprinkles more than Cream Puff Candy. He said it was his first commitment to me. I was excited and pleased that he was so polite as not to make me take his last name.

The ceremony was wonderful and every guest seemed happy.
 Still, I couldn't help but notice one guest that wasn't smiling.

I figured Peppermint had invited her, since I certainly hadn't. She was quite pretty, with long, angular facial features and tight lips that opposed her large eyes.

I wondered why she looks like she ate too many lemons. Shouldn't she be happy? It was a wedding after all.

 When the vows were over, I made it a point to meet all of the guests Peppermint invited, which meant I finally got to meet Miss Lemon face.

"Congratulations Ms.Candy." Lemon Face cooed, dripping sweetness.

"Ah no, Peppermint took my last name." I smiled, trying not to frown at this girl. I wasn't liking her already.

"Oh, I see. I'm Vanilla." she remarked, giving a face which looked like she was going to throw up.
 "So, Vanilla, how do you know Peppermint?" I asked her.

"Oh... our mothers were good friends. We were bunched together in a group a lot, when we were younger. I'm sure you understand."

I didn't, but I decided not to comment.

"So... I heard you two jumped the gun. Your daughter is darling." She smiled unconvincingly.

"H-how..." I started.

"Oh, Peppermint B-Mailed me the pictures." She paused. "Surely he told you!"

"No he didn't..."

"Oh, what a shame. Oh look, is that Cake? Excuse me, but I'm dreadfully hungry. Nice chatting with you!" She smiled her fake-smile again and walked away briskly.

Despite the hastly retreat, the rest of the wedding went wonderfully and Peppermint and I had a lovely night together. It was enough to make me forget that strange conversation.

Almost.
~
Well this is a familiar feeling. I thought a few days later, after hurling the contents of my breakfast into the toilet bowl.

"Ick." I muttered.

But despite the possibility of me being pregnant again, life continued to function normally. Razz began her walking lessons and they weren't going well. She was almost two and hadn't even walked her first step yet without assistance. Peppermint and I blamed it on the fact we started late, with the wedding and everything, but I had a sinking feeling it was something more. I scheduled a doctor's appointment, just in case.

The day before the doctor's appointment, I had one more chore. Inform my mother of Razz's birth and my wedding. My mother and I had never been very close, but I knew I had to do it.

"Cream...? Come in." I heard.

Here we go.
She looked so much older.

"Hi Mom. I have something important to tell y-" I started.

"I know. I read it in the paper."
"I'm a grandmother."
 
And for the first time in nearly a decade, I saw her smile.
 
"Yes."
 
"And you're expecting again." She said, more of a statement then a question.
 
"Well... I've been having morning sickness and..." I paused. "How did you know?"
 
"You have the glow. If you were looking for my blessing, I give it to you full heartedly."
 
She turned to leave and stopped.

"One more thing." She started. "Bring Raspberry over when she gets a bit older. I want to meet my granddaughter."

"OK."

And that was that. Maybe now I could finally think about my mother without feeling guilty.
~

And my mother was right. I took a pregnancy test that same day and it came out positive.
 
Baby two, here we come!
 
Of course, Peppermint was the first to know.... Okay, second. But still.

Peppermint was thrilled. He was convinced it was another girl, but I wasn't sure yet. I stared at my watch.

"Oh Fig! I'm gonna be late to Razz's doctor appointment!"
I waited patiently for what seemed like hours. The doctors ran several tests on Razz and now all I had to do was hear the verdict.

"Mrs. Sprinkles? Doctor Jelly is ready to see you." The man at the front desk called.

"Good Afternoon Mrs. Sprinkles. I'm Doctor Jelly." A woman in white and pink scrubs said with a doctor smile, the kind that makes you worried.

"Your daughter has Paget's Disease, ma'am."

"...That sounds awful." I said, horrified.

"Oh no Mrs. Sprinkles, it's actually a case of her bones being very thin. Your daughter seems to have been born with it. Most likely caused by trauma in the womb or genetics. And, unfortunately, her case is serious enough she probably not be able to participate in sports without running the risk of her breaking her legs. We could do medications, therapy, or surgery, but she's a a bit young for that."

"Will she ever walk?" I asked, a bit terrified for the answer.

"Oh, she will. But her training to walk will be longer and harder. It probably hurts her to walk. Over time she'll get used to it, though." Dr. Jelly smiled.
I cuddled her softly.
"Oh thank Berry."

But silently I was wondering,

Will her life ever be normal?
~
Nope, sorry Cream. My sim's lives are never normal.

I'm quite excited to expand on Razz's storyline. Her disease is real guys, google it... well, on second thought, don't. I don't want to be corrected for incorrect information... or maybe I do? Whatever.

(Ahem, by the way... one of her traits is Athletic...)

No comments:

Post a Comment